Ancient Earth Pigments is part of Atelier Nelson LLC.
All images and content on this website are the property of Ancient Earth Pigments (AEP) unless otherwise specified. Do not share, sell, or redistribute without permission.
Packaging and Content
Our powdered pigment products are packed in standard jars by volume. The exact weight of each package depends on the density of the pigment powder, which varies by chemical composition and grain size. On average a 1 oz. jar contains 20 grams of pigment powder (2 oz jar, 40 grams, 4 oz. jar, 80 grams).
Due to worldwide conditions, product descriptions may change without notice. We reserve the right to make substitutions with similar products if necessary.
AEP collects your personal information only for our business purposes. We will never share or sell your personal information.
Product Safety and Liability
By purchasing our products, you must acknowledge that all art pigments carry a risk of health consequences.
Historical and modern pigments come from many organic, mineral, and chemical sources and may contain unavoidable unhealthy byproducts or contaminants.
We do our best to offer non-toxic materials, but a very few of these pigments may be harmful to your health.
AEP obtains as much information as we can about the source and contents of our products, but we cannot control every aspect of their creation before we receive them.
California Proposition 65 mandates that many kinds of products sold to residents of the state must include a warning label to the effect that the product or some of its components may contain one or more hazardous chemicals as a by-product of manufacturing or environmental pollution generated by humans.
Our products are designed to be used solely for artistic purposes and are not safe for any other purpose:
- Treat all your materials as if they were toxic. Dust inhalation is a serious danger.
- Please keep products away from children and pets, and test before using on any surface.
- Do not use the same tools for art materials that you use for cooking or household activities.
- Protect your skin, eyes, and lungs by wearing gloves, goggles, and a dust mask whenever possible.
- We encourage you to reuse or recycle our PET plastic jars with Aluminum lids- but only for reuse in the art studio; NEVER in your household.
AEP is not liable for any injury or damage caused by the use of these materials.